January 2018 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
In today’s modern ways, many couples are approaching marriage with a different view to what their parents or grand parents may have, and for different reasons. With this in mind, it is always great to share your feelings with friends and family, to gain support and to confirm that your intentions are solid and supported. If in the event that you as a couple require further assistance or insight into what makes a good marriage, there are fantastic services out there only a click away.
Try the following links, Lifeworks, Relationships Australia and Centacare, and have a read of “Happily Ever Before & After” (provided in the “Forever Young” information pack)
Apart from the two essential components that must be performed as a legal requirement for the marriage to be solemnized in Australia, the rest is up to you! I am culturally sensitive, and respect your beliefs and rights, and will always research and confer with you on appropriateness. Furthermore, should an interpreter or translator be required, I can provide references and links to fantastic local services.
As somewhat of a non-conformist, I pride myself on being relaxed, fresh and comfortable with your guests. Besides, it’s your day, not mine!
Here’s a basic outline of what a simple ceremony contains:
• I start with the obvious welcome & introductions, most traditionally after the brides entrance, acknowledging any ‘giving away’ rituals or important guests.
• Then a story of how you both met; fun things you learnt about each other in your journey so far, hurdles you had to overcome, experiences and challenges you’ve faced as a couple.
• With friends and family in attendance, it is always great to involve them, as they’ve played an importance part in your relationship to date. A reading or song is a great and easy way to achieve this.
• Now the legals! The Monitum, from the Marriage Act, said appropriately by myself.
• Then the exchanging of vowels, your declaration to each other (another legal aspect) and technically you’re done!
• Now you can exchange rings, kiss, high five, sign the certificates with your witnesses, then dance and party the night away… I’ll keep the forms and mail them off.
Brodie has been a great supporter of TLC for kids for a number of years, his energy and enthusiasm is infectious and his ‘can do’ approach is outstanding. Brodie has been involved with many TLC fundraising events and visits to children’s wards in hospital, he has a unique ability of being able to interact children of all ages as well as adults. I would highly recommend Brodie as a host or MC for any type of event and we look forward to seeing him at TLC for kids next event. Thanks Brodie, keep up the good work,
Tim Conolan CEO & Founder – TLC for kids.
Brodie Young is the most intelligent, emotionally intelligent and giving MC and ambassador for vivaRCH, The Royal Children’s Hospital! He gives beyond the requests, and has guests excited to be at our events, ensuring they experience our motto: ‘Having FUN whilst FUNdraising’!
Brodie will be an asset to your event and/or show!
Alex Lowen, Founder & volunteer, vivaRCH
I have used Brodie Young as a host at several events over the past 5 years. I have been consistently impressed with his ability to hold the attention of any type of audience. He is charismatic without being over the top and knows the right thing to say and how to say, whatever the situation. His ‘can do’ attitude and extensive experience makes briefing Brodie really easy. He doesn’t need to be given much direction which is always great for event managers who can relax knowing he’ll do a great job. I will continue to use Brodie for future events without hesitation.
Lucy Mickleburgh Marketing & Fundraising Manager